Members Sought for Constitution Gardens Improvement Committee
The Mayor and City Council are seeking members to serve on the Constitution Gardens Ad Hoc Improvement Committee. The members will represent a cross section of stakeholders including, those who live in proximity to Constitution Gardens, those who donated funds or have memorials to friends and families within the park, and others who are interested in the future of this property located at 112 Brookes Avenue in Olde Towne, Gaithersburg.
Functions of the committee will include:
- Reviewing existing conditions of the site.
- Identifying commemorative plantings that may be restored or relocated if necessary.
- Reviewing information gathered by staff through outreach to the original donor base.
- Consulting with the Gaithersburg Police Department on safety and security issues related to park renovations.
- Gathering public input on potential improvements or modifications to the site.
- Compiling a list of prioritized options to increase the utility of the park and its environs for presentation to the Mayor and City Council in the spring of 2013.
Resumes and letters of interest should be submitted by 5 p.m. on Friday, December 21, 2012 to: Mayor and City Council, 31 South Summit Avenue, Gaithersburg, Maryland 20877, or send via email to: email@example.com. For more information, contact Adam Newhart at 301-258-6370 x103 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.