The Committee for Ethnic Affairs advises the Montgomery County, MD County Executive and County Council on public policy that relates to ethnic affairs; promotes maximum involvement of all ethnic groups in the County in government, business and community affairs.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Faces from WOMF2011- Bing-jib Huang, Chinese Calligraphy & Brush Painting

 

Profile by
Enas Elhanafi, CEA Chair

Bing-jib Huang
Chinese Calligraphy & Brush Painting

 
 
I am currently a board member of Rockville Sister Cities Corp. (RSCC) and acting as a contact person to Jiaxing, China. 


I came to World of Montgomery County Festival yesterday because I volunteer to do Chinese calligraphy to translate English names into Chinese. Somehow they like this idea and gave me a booth. I was honored to do this service. I guess folks who came to festival yesterday may feel happy to see their names being painted with complicated Chinese characters....

I was born in Taiwan, came to US over 30 years. I was educated as an engineer but I like Chinese calligraphy. I am currently working for US Government, after work I teach Chinese calligraphy at local Chinese school. I am also associated with a few local art clubs. I was the President of International Artists Support Group (IASG) 2002 - 2003. Have coordinated art shows in Foreign countries. Currently I have 10 pieces of artworks in display at Bohrer's Park Activity Center in Gaithersburg.

CEA plays an important role in promoting cultural diversity in Montgomery County. I would support your [CEA committee's] efforts but I may not have time to get involved. Best wish for your service.

No comments:

Post a Comment